PwC’s Digital Maker: A response to digitalised challenges
The rise of digitisation has transformed the world of work by increasing workforce mobility. However, it has also created a major business problem: the sudden need to have greater agility to respond to and execute business changes.
PwC’s Digital Maker is a low-code platform that empowers non-technical developers to ramp up their organisation’s Future of Work transformation initiatives. It simplifies and delivers workflow processes which results in greater productivity. It meets critical challenges, such as flexibility in deciding when to deploy applications while balancing various external factors. These factors could include the demand for agility, and the organisation's dynamic requirements for developing applications. Digital Maker resolves these as PwC’s low-code platform. It secures data, saves time by 82% and is 6 times faster in delivering results.
PwC built Digital Maker to solve business problems with technology. As a business-oriented low-code digital platform, Digital Maker enables both professional and non-technical developers to build modernized applications simpler and faster. It therefore empowers organizations to efficiently resolve issues originating from traditional application development. PwC posed five user scenarios that could benefit from the use of Digital Maker in an organization in a recent IDC Technology Spotlight contributed by PwC, titled ‘Low Code Platform – The Essence of Digital Enterprises’ (October 2021, #APTS7834X). According to IDC, ‘PwC's Digital Maker is an agile and intelligent low-code platform, making it a compelling infrastructure offering. It helps organizations modernize existing legacy applications while integrating them with new applications.’
- Document Management System: As a centralized platform, organizations will manage all documents in an encrypted and secure way.
- Business Process Management: A business process platform that improves efficiency, cost, and quality of the entire business process, then meets end-user needs in the highly competitive environment through end-to-end process system.
- Smart Office Solution: An all-in-one workspace transformation solution leverages artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), and data analytics to transform offices with obsolete facilities into digital-enabled workspace.
- Project Management Solution: Being a collaborative platform, it allows team members to manage and track project status alongside resources, e.g. talent management, workflow management and new business priorities.
- Call Centre Solution: The application offers a comprehensive call centre digital platform that is easy to maintain and customize to ensure business intelligence.
According to Jim Woods, Chief Digital Officer for PwC Mainland China, and Hong Kong, “Knowing that businesses plan to accelerate digital transformation and new ways of working to take advantage of China’s technology investment, we decided that now is the time to launch PwC’s Digital Maker and open up our low-code development products and solutions to everyone. Under this strategy, we hope that more businesses can enjoy the successful and continued transformation that our clients have experienced.”
Digital Maker was officially launched during the 4th China International Import Expo which was held on November 7, 2021 in Shanghai, China.
Notes 1. To find out more about PwC Digital Maker, visit https://digitalstore.pwchk.com/en/technology-solutions/digital-maker 2. To find out more about how PwC has been evaluated by leading business, technology and industry analysts visit pwc.com/analystviews 3. At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with over 250,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com.
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
© 2021 PwC. All rights reserved